Athletic Clearance - Physicals
For the 2017-18 school year, all of our athletic clearance forms, with the exception of your son’s physical and white card will be completed and signed on-line. We have continued to partner with a company called “Family ID” to accommodate our needs. You will be registering with Family ID, but there is no cost. This must be done each year before your season of sport.
After reading all of the information below, please click on the link to register, read and sign off on all of the required clearance forms. Keep in mind that if you are not registered with Family ID, you will have to go through the registration process before signing off on forms electronically.
Annual Physical Required
All student-athletes are required to pass an annual physical examination performed by a medical doctor before they will be allowed to participate on any athletic team or club. Chiropractors are not accepted.
- This physical must be completed on a "St. John Bosco" Physical form.
- Physical also must be signed by an MD and stamped by the hospital or clinic where physical was performed.
- All physicals for the 2017-18 school year must be completed AFTER June 1, 2017. Any physical completed before June 1, 2017 will not be accepted.
- Hard copies of physical with signature and stamp MUST be turned in directly to our athletic trainer, Melody Mohebbi. Do not leave with front office. PLEASE MAKE A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
June 24 - Get Your Physical at Bosco - $25
St. John Bosco will be hosting a "physical day" with our team doctors in the athletic training room next to the pool on Saturday, June 24, 2017 from 8 a.m. - 12 Noon. The cost will be $25. Bosco Physical forms will be available. Questions regarding the Bosco physical day should be directed to Athletic Trainer, Ms. Melody Mohebbi. She can be reached for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 920-1734 ext. 219.
WALK-UP LOCATION FOR STUDENT PHYSICALS
As a convenience for St. John Bosco families: MVP Family Practice and Sports Medicine offers walk-up physicals and is providing the following discounted price: $25 for a physical
- Print out the Bosco Physical Form or pick one up in the Athletic Training Office or at MVP Family Practice.
- It is faster if you make an appointment, but you can walk-up MVP Family Practice & Sports Medicine, Inc.
- Please note both sides of the physical form need to be filled out and signed off by doctor, parent and student.
- Once the physical form has been completed, return it to Melody Mohebbi, Athletic Trainer. Her office is located right next to the swimming pool.
For details, contact Ray Gonzalez, PA-C
MVP Family Practice & Sports Medicine, Inc.
7800 Florence Ave, Downey CA, 90240
BASELINE CONCUSSION TESTING
New student-athletes and anyone that did not have concussion baseline testing done last year will have to go through a pre-season baseline concussion test with our athletic trainer, Melody Mohebbi. She will be taking appointments during the summer. She can be reached for questions at email@example.com or (562) 920-1734 ext. 219.
EMERGENCY WHITE CARDS
All student-athletes must have an emergency white card filled out (front and back) and on file with their coach so they can be treated if injured when away from St. John Bosco High School. Cards will be handed out parent meeting or can be picked up at the athletic office.