Athletic Training - Sports Medicine/Injuries
- Athletic Trainer Melody Mohebbi provides injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, immediate care, and rehabilitation for all of St. John Bosco's student/athletes.
- The Athletic Training room is located at the south side of the campus. It is centered between the swimming pool, locker rooms, and football field
St. John Bosco High School Student Athletic Trainers are vital to our Athletic Training room. Their duties include guiding ambulances in the event of an emergency, acting as a second hand to the Athletic Trainer by taping, bandaging, and keeping our athletes hydrated.
- About Athletic Training
- Required Paperwork for St . John Bosco Student Athletes
- Visiting Teams
- Injuries and Return to Play
- Athletic training is not the same profession as personal training. And, certified athletic trainers work with more than just athletes – they can be found just about anywhere that people are physically active.
To become certified athletic trainers, students must graduate with bachelors or masters degree from an accredited professional athletic training education program and pass a comprehensive test administered by the Board of Certification. Once certified, they must meet ongoing continuing education requirements in order to remain certified. Information from the National Athletic Trainer’s Association website.
- Physical: An annual physical form is required of all students at St. John Bosco High School prior to the first day of school.
- Emergency White Card: This card is for coaches to have on hand in the case of an emergency at an away event. Please obtain this card from your coach or athletic trainer and complete it.
Dave Velasquez, DC
916 E Imperial Hwy
Brea, CA 92821
Ms. Melody Mohebbi
Ms. Melody Mohebbi achieved her first Bachelor's Degree in Geology from Azad University, Iran. She received her second Bachelor's Degree with honors in Sports Rehabilitation at Salford University, England and moved to the US in 2009 to complete her Master’s Degree in Athletic Training at California Baptist University. As a graduate student, Miss Mohebbi worked with UC Riverside women’s basketball and Riverside Community College track/field and football teams. She completed her training at California Baptist training athletes in both the women’s volleyball and men’s basketball programs.
In England, Miss Mohebbi was the Sports Rehabilitator for the Manchester Magic, a professional men’s basketball team, Manchester City Football (soccer) Club, and the Manchester Sharks Rugby Team.
With her extensive international, professional, and collegiate level experience, she boosts our capacity for injury evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation of all athletic injuries.