As many of you have known about the massive natural disasters that hit both Texas and Florida. We, as a school community, are working together to assist our brothers and sisters affected in these areas. As a school community we are going to begin a drive to better assist those in need. Each grade will have an assigned item and will bring it to their first period. There are specific dates for "Drop off" please note them below. We are doing a food drive and a school supplies drive. We ask that when your son brings in his item to please write his name and ID number. The donations will not only assist families affected in Texas and Florida, but also students and teachers.
Should a student not be able to donate the item, they can donate the following gift cards:
Walmart Gift Cards: $25-$50
Gas stations gift cards $25-$50 (Chevron, Texaco, Shell, Exxon)
Drop Off Date in 1st period
| || |
| || |
Executive Student Council
The Executive Student Council was elected at the end of last year. The group of 9 senators have been working together all summer and the start of the school year on various projects and events that benefit the entire student community. Just recently the Senate was tasked to assign the cabinet roles and successfully completed the task. Our 2017-18 Executive Senate is as follows:
- President—Stephen Camacho '18
- Vice President of Internal Affairs—Joseph Palombi '18
- Vice President of External Affairs—Christian Sotomayor '18
- Director of Media Relations & Publicity—Nate Burch '18
- Director of Finance—Andres O'Neil '17
- Director of Communications—Ivan Aguilar '17
- Attorney General—Raymond Rojo '18
- Speaker of the Senate—Myles Dolphin '17
- Director of Programming—John Nelsen '17
- Youth Minsitry Delegate—Tyler Paniagua '18
Junior Ring Ceremony—The date of the Junior Ring Ceremony has been moved to November 30. Please note the change in the calendar. Also representatives will be on campus in the next few weeks. Here is upcoming information
- Sept 20—All Juniors will receive packets for their rings
- Sept 26 & Oct 5—Jostens representative will be on campus
Locker Assignments—have already been issued. If your son did not receive a locker assignment and would like one, please have your son visit the Activities Office.
Soup Kitchen—Interested in doing Service Hours, and want to contribute to the long history of serving our community. Please see Mr. Hastert to sign up for one of the dates below:
- Nov—2, 16, 30
- Feb—1, 8
- Mar—1, 8
- April—12, 19
- May 3, 10, 17
Freshman Senate: Student Government—If your son is interested in joining student government, applications will close on Monday Sept 18. Link will be available online. Freshman Applications and the paper PDF Freshman Applications PDF
- Any Questions regarding Freshman Senate please email or see Mr. Corkhill firstname.lastname@example.org
CLUB CARNIVAL—interested in joining a club, fill out the link below and gather a group of your friends to assist you in starting or renewing a club! CLUB CHARTER APPLICATION .
- Submit application by September 1
- If approved, will be able to promote during Club Carnival
- Club Carnival Sept 20-22
- Homecoming Week October 15-22
Student Life Team:
- 9th Grade Class Moderator Mr. Nate Corkhill email@example.com
- 10th Grade Class Moderator Mrs. Elizabeth Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11th Grade Class Moderator Mrs. Michele Dolphin email@example.com
- 12th Grade Class Moderator Ms. Kelly Blakeman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Ministry Moderator Fr. Nick Reina SDB email@example.com
- Christian Service Coordinator Mr. Will Liu firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator of Youth Ministry & Student Activities Director—Mr. Adan Jaramillo ajaramillo@Bosco.org
Visit the Counseling & Guidance Office to RSVP
Bell Schedule: B-6723
8 - 8:05 am - 6th Period - Announcements
8:05 - 8:20 - BraveVision
8:20 - 9:30 - 6th Period Continues
9:36 - 10:46 am - 7th Period
10:46 - 11:01 am - Break
11:08 - 12:18 pm - 2nd Period
12:18 - 12:43 pm - Lunch
12:50 - 2 pm - 3rd Period
2 pm - Students Dismissed
- Who do I go to if I have locker trouble?
- Who do I contact if I need athletic forms?
- Who do I contact if I have scheduling problems?
- How do I replace my student ID card?
- Who do I contact to request a dance guest pass?
- What are the requirements for Christian Service?
At St. John Bosco High School we believe that as a Salesian Catholic high school we are called to follow Jesus Christ’s call to serve. We seek to emulate the love and compassion of Jesus who came to serve and not to be served.
When the twilight shadows gather out along the campus green, and the stalwart Bosco Brave comes upon the scene. Mighty sons of St. John Bosco sing their hymn of praise to their loyal Alma Mater and their high school days.