We know that making a difference is important to you. Charitable giving is an important part of your life and your core values. Like many people, you’d like to know that the causes and organizations you care about today will continue to thrive in the future. Leaving a legacy - through a planned gift - will help ensure that a St. John Bosco education is available to young men from all walks of life for generations to come.
In addition to supporting the mission of St. John Bosco through cash donations, consider making a planned gift.
What is Planned Giving?
Planned giving is a win-win approach to philanthropic donations that supports St. John Bosco High School and can benefit you and your family now or in the future. Simply put, “planned giving” is the transfer of assets to a designated nonprofit organization during a lifetime or as part of an estate plan. This forward-thinking approach to giving is “planned” because often these assets are not liquid, have tax consequences and are generally transferred via a will or other written means.
- It’s easy. Planned giving is easy to do and you don’t have to be wealthy to do it. Whether it is naming St. John Bosco, your church, or your favorite charity in your will or trust for a modest amount, or a gift of house and property, there is an easy option that is right for you. Our colleagues at the California Community Foundation, and our friends in the financial industry, have all the latest information.
- It can involve assets you might never think of. A life insurance policy. Real estate. Stocks. Business holdings. A checking or savings account. These are all assets that can be leveraged in planned gifts.
- It can generate an income stream. In return for the donation of real estate, stocks or other assets, donors can receive a series of regular payments, or realize other benefits. For example, you or your children can live in a house for their entire lives and the property transfers at the time of your passing.
- It can provide generous tax benefits. Depending upon the type of gift, short-term and/or long-term tax benefits may apply. Donors at a variety of income levels can benefit. Be sure to consult with your financial or estate planner for more specifics.
- It can work in tandem with other family priorities. Planned giving is not an “ all or nothing” option. Gifts can exist side-by-side with other beneficiaries and personal priorities.
- It is long remembered. Designating a planned gift automatically makes you a member of the St. John Bosco High School Legacy Society. Legacy society members receive immediate recognition in publications and receive invitations to special events. In addition to the satisfaction of making a meaningful gift, most planned gifts have immediate and/or long-term tax benefits. Consult with your financial advisor or estate planner today!
Is St. John Bosco High School named in your will? This is the easiest way to play your part in ensuring a future of quality Salesian education for all students, for decades to come. If you have done so or would like to know how, contact call us today!
For more information, contact Brett Beck at (562) 920-1734 ext. 321.
Our tax exempt number is 53-0196617.