socal junior business competition
Win Cash for your business idea!
The SoCal Jr. Business Competition is designed in collaboration with middle schools in Southern California to help inspire and prepare young entrepreneurial minds to think critically as they work together to ideate, create, and pitch their theoretical business venture.
Teams will create a hypothetical product or business venture that would bring positive change to their school, local community, or the world. Top groups will pitch their ideas to a panel of judges. Winners will receive cash prizes! Open to all middle school students in Southern California. Register by January 20, 2020 - the competition takes place February 29.
Complete competition details are provided below. PDF versions of the poster and the competition info sheet are available here.
Middle School students are tasked to create a business venture that would bring positive change to one of the following three categories: their school, their local community, or a national issue. Examples: An original product that can be sold to raise money to fund raise essential needs. A service that would help to improve student life on campus.
Participation & Eligibility
- The SoCal Junior Business Competition is open to all middle school students in Southern California, both boys and girls.
- Students will select classmates, create a business venture team, and register for the SoCal Junior Business Competition.
- Teams, on request, will get paired up with a St. John Bosco High School Entrepreneurship Pathway student for mentorship throughout the preparatory stages of the SoCal Junior Business Competition.
- Teams collaborate to develop a theoretical business idea (product or service).
- Teams create a comprehensive presentation describing their business idea.
- Teams pitch their comprehensive presentation to a panel of judges, made up of Small Business Owners, Business Executives, St. John Bosco High School Administration & Faculty Members, and St. John Bosco High School Entrepreneurship students.
While the true reward participants will receive is the knowledge and experience gained throughout the SoCal Junior Business Competition, students that place in the top three, per category, will receive cash prizes as well as acceptance into the St. John Bosco High School Entrepreneurship Pathway!
Info Sheet & Poster
Click here to download a PDF version of the 2019-2020 SoCal Junior Business Competition Info Sheet and the competition poster.
Contact Mr. Bryce Weiglin at firstname.lastname@example.org.