Course Books & Materials
The yearly course resources selected by each department are integral components of a Brave's learning journey. Students should be prepared to utilize these resources during and after course meetings. Please use this information to identify the necessary course resources needed.
- Questions regarding course textbooks, applications, or resources can be answered by your instructor on the first day of class.
- AP Students are subject to AP testing and online course preparation fees.
- Course resources can be purchased or rented from a variety of online or store locations. The links provided to you are one option. Course resources that are offered in digital formats (e-book, pdf, etc.) are acceptable for use in class, with the exception of workbooks.
St. John Bosco High School understands that obtaining course resources in time for the first day of class may not be realistic. It is expected that students obtain their necessary course resources by August 22, 2016.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Program Device Specifications
- There are specific calculator requirements for certain Math and Science classes. Please refer to the class documentation for those specifications.
- There are specific Laptop requirements for the PLTW engineering class and the Computer Animation course. Please refer to the class documentation for those specifications.
The fact that so many software packages are now available as web browser applications negates to the need to have required programs loaded onto every student computer. AS such, students must have a device that can provide them with online access. Whether that is through a 4G Network – or via a modem. In general, students will need the following types of applications (other applications for use in specific classes may be required by the instructor):
- Word Processing (compatible with MS Word)
- Presentation (analogous to MS Powerpoint)
- Spreadsheet (compatible with MS Excel)
- Web Browser