Scholarships & Tuition assistance
St. John Bosco High School assists promising, capable students who demonstrate financial need. If awarded, a Bosco tuition assistance award covers a portion of a student’s tuition and fees. Families receiving tuition assistance are required to contribute the difference between the award they receive and the school’s tuition rate, and to make all required tuition payments on schedule.
Also note that Bosco does not offer “athletic scholarships.” Awards are strictly merit or need-based. Awards are issued annually, and are subject to the pool of funds the school has available.
- Establish a FACTS Account.
- Complete the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Application. The application costs $35. Please call 866-315-9262 if you have any technical or account set-up questions.
- Submit Supporting Documentation to FACTS. Required forms include: your 2018 Federal Income Tax Form 1040 with all underlying schedules, 2018 W-2 Form(s) for both parents, any 401(k) and/or investment account statements, last two pay stubs for both parents, and the last two bank statements for all accounts held by either parent.
- Wait for Notification. Once steps 1 and 2 are complete, your application will be reviewed by the Tuition Assistance Committee. You will receive notification of your application results by the first week of March.. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant and will not be processed until all required materials are submitted. All awards are conditional until you complete your registration for the upcoming school year. Families that do not complete their registration by May 31 will forfeit their Tuition Assistance Award.
Families receiving tuition assistance are required to contribute the difference between the award they receive and the School’s tuition rate, and to make all required tuition payments on schedule. Submitting a Tuition Assistance Application does not guarantee an award will be offered, and does not relieve a family of the obligation of keeping their Bosco tuition account current.
St. John Bosco High School's Presidential Scholarship is awarded to select incoming 9th grade students with a demonstrated history of academic excellence, community or parish service, leadership and outstanding character.
- Academic: Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Character: Must be involved in community service
- Discipline: Conduct must be exemplary
- School involvement: Must be involved in extracurricular activities
How to Apply:
Eligible applicants are required to submit a 1-2 page personal essay and submit an academic letter of recommendation from their school. The essay should address how the applicant has demonstrated academic excellence, community or parish service, leadership in school and outstanding character.
Merit-based scholarships are open to incoming 9th grade students. Merit-Based scholarships are available in the students’ checklist AFTER they have submitted their Bosco application. Log back into your account and review your checklist which will highlight all scholarship opportunities.
- Youth Ministry Scholarship: For students who are involved in and intend to continue with youth ministry. Examples include serving as an altar server, or being actively involved in their local school/parish.
- STEM Scholarship: For students who have an appreciation and aptitude for science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
- Bosco Alumni Scholarship: For students who have a parent or immediate family member who is a St. John Bosco alumnus.
- Active Military or Veteran: For students who have immediate family in Active Military Service or who is a Veteran.
- Visual & Performing Arts Scholarship: For students who are currently involved in and intend to continue to be involved in Music, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, and/or Theatre.