Athletic Clearance - Physicals
For the 2018-19 school year, we have continued to partner with a company called “Family ID” to accommodate our athletic department clearance needs. All of our athletic clearance forms, including your son's physical will need to be filled out and electronically submitted through Family ID. You will be registering with Family ID, but there is no cost. This must be done each year before your season of sport.
Physical Required - New Process and form for 2018-2019
All student-athletes are required to pass an annual physical examination performed by a medical doctor before they will be allowed to participate on any athletic team or club. Chiropractors are not accepted.
- Download a Bosco Physical Form - This physical must be completed on a "2018-19 Bosco Physical Form."
- Click Here to Download a 2018-19 Bosco Physical Form
- Schedule a Physical - Physical also must be signed by an MD and stamped by the hospital or clinic where physical was performed.
- All physicals for the 2018-19 school year must be completed AFTER June 1, 2018. Any physical completed before June 1, 2018 will not be accepted.
- St. John Bosco will be hosting a "Physical Day" with our team doctors in the athletic training room next to the pool on Saturday, June 30, 2018 from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. The cost is $30.00. Bosco Physical forms will be available. Questions regarding "Physical Day" should be directed to Athletic Trainer, Ms. Melody Mohebbi. She can be reached for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 920-1734 ext. 219.
- Upload Completed Physical Form to Family ID - NEW THIS YEAR - Completed and signed physical forms WILL NOT BE TURNED into the school. Both pages will be uploaded onto the FAMILY ID clearance page marked “PHYSICIANS.” This makes your clearance process a “one stop shop.” We are doing this so your form is time stamped and does not get lost.
After reading all of the information above, click on the button below to register, read and sign off on all of the required clearance forms. Keep in mind that if you are not registered with Family ID, you will have to go through the registration process before signing off on forms electronically. Again hard copies of your completed and signed physical form must be uploaded during this process. DO NOT TURN IN PHYSICAL FORM INTO SCHOOL.
WALK-UP LOCATION FOR STUDENT PHYSICALS
As a convenience for St. John Bosco families: MVP Family Practice and Sports Medicine offers walk-up physicals for a low price of $30.00.
Both sides of the Physical form need to be filled out and signed off by doctor, parent and student then, uploaded to the FAMILY ID website as part of your clearance process.
It is faster if you make an appointment, but you can walk-up.
Hours for MVP Sports
Monday and Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 3 – 7 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 3 – 7 p.m.
BASELINE CONCUSSION TESTING
Pre-season concussion testing are required for some sports. Appointments will not be necessary. Student-athletes will be contacted for testing by the Ms. Mohebbi and program head coach. If you have questions, she can be reached at email@example.com or (562) 920-1734 ext. 219
EMERGENCY WHITE CARDS
All student-athletes must have an emergency white card filled out (front and back) and on file with their coach so they can be treated if injured when away from St. John Bosco High School. Emergency White Cards will be handed out at parent meeting or can be picked up at the athletic office.