In partnership with Long Beach Yacht Club, sailing at St. John Bosco provides a team atmosphere where sailors represent their school during the fall and spring seasons. With practices and regattas tailored to various levels of experience and competition, this after-school activity is a perfect way to extend sailing beyond the summer.
Practice Location and Schedule
Bosco Sailing is a year-round sport. Practices are held at the Alamitos Bay Yacht Club from 3:40-7:00 p.m. on Monday and Wednesdays.
Fall 2022 Season | September 5 - December 7, 2022
Spring 2023 Season | February 1 - May 20, 2023
Sailing Team Fees
The Sailing Team fee for the 2022-2023 school year is $1,400 ($700 per semester) and includes coaching and equipment usage.
High School Sailing Regattas
Regattas are held on weekends, and usually require travel, although most regattas are close enough to not require overnight stays.
- The Sea Otter Regatta hosted by the Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club in Monterey, CA
- The Anteater Regatta hosted by the Newport Harbor Yacht Club in Newport Beach, CA
- The Rose Bowl Regatta hosted by the U.S. Sailing Center in Alamitos Bay, Long Beach, CA
- The Golden Bear Regatta hosted by Treasure Island in San Fransisco, CA
- The Gaucho Regatta hosted by Santa Barbara Yacht Club in Santa Barbara, CA
Interested In Joining?
St. John Bosco students are welcome to join our team at the start of each semester. No prior sailing knowledge or experience is necessary. Contact Julie Snow with any questions. See you on the water!