Communication Tools & Terms
Here are a few tips on how to stay current with events and other important campus information:
- SchoolMessenger & Text Messages
- Daily Announcements
- St. John Bosco High School App
- Social Media
- Mobile-Friendly Website
St. John Bosco High School uses School Messenger to assist in communications to our parents. It can be used for mass voice calling, emails, or text messaging straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.
How to Participate:
- Update PowerSchool: Make sure your information is updated in PowerSchool. SchoolMessenger retrieves your contact information from PowerSchool, to ensure your receive the opt-in text message please make sure your PowerSchool account is updated.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s): We encourage all parent(s)/guardians(s) to opt-in. So that you may continue to receive these important messages, we encourage you to reply with "Y" or "Yes" when you receive such a verification message. If you do not reply, you will not receive any further text messages from our school.
- Emergency Contacts: Notify your emergency contacts on file of this upcoming communication. If your emergency contacts choose to participate in this service, after the opt-in date, they will only receive notification in the event of an emergency.
The message you receive will come from our 'short code', 67587 and read similar to the following:
"St. John Bosco High School alerts. Reply Y for aprx 5 msgs/mo. Txt HELP 4 info. Msg&data rates may apply. Visit schoolmessenger.com/tm"
Please check with your wireless carrier for information about your mobile service plan and any possible charges related to text messaging. Our organization does not reimburse for any charges associated with sending or receiving text messages.
In an effort to improve communications we launched the "Daily Announcements" section on the website. This page features short informative announcements and will give you a snapshot of important changes or upcoming deadlines you need to know about. This section is published in addition to Principal De Larkin's weekly Principal's Bulletin. Please subscribe by clicking the orange bell icon so when a new announcement is published you will be alerted by text, email or both.
PowerSchool is the school's electronic student management system where student information is collected and stored. The portal is the "doorway" into the system giving parents access to information about their children. Click Here to Access PowerSchool
St. John Bosco High School produces a number of publications for students, parents, alumni and the community at large.
The Principal's Bulletin is the weekly eNewsletter for St. John Bosco High School, featuring a message from the Principal, updates from the Athletics Director, updates from the College & Guidance Counseling team as well as information on upcoming events.
- Distributed to current St. John Bosco High School Parent/Guardians.