We do not want distance to be a deterrent from attending St. John Bosco High School which is why we have several options available to Bosco families.
Carpool to School Program
CarpooltoSchool is a free secure online service that matches you to other parents who want to create a carpool, walkpool or bikepool. It is intuitive and easy to use. You can easily set up your profile, include the number of seats you have, as well as, get matched based on your children’s grade.
South Bay, Orange County, Long Beach Bus Transportation
Bus registration for the 2017-2018 school year will begin on Monday, May 22. Please contact Mr. Gutierrez at 562-920-1734, ext. 256, if you have any questions.
Bus Program Coordinator
Mr. Guillermo (Memo) Gutierrez (562) 920-1734 ext. 256 email@example.com
- Location #1: Costa Mesa (IKEA Store, 1475 Coast Dr. - pick-up by Susan St.
- Location #2: Huntington Beach (Party City/BJ’s Restaurant, 16060 Beach Blvd.)
- Location #3: Seal Beach (Spaghettini Restaurant, 3005 Old Ranch Parkway)
- Location #4: Long Beach (Target Store at Bixby Village Plaza, 5760 E. 7th St.)
Orange County/Long Beach Bus Route
South Bay Bus Route
- Location #1: Holy Trinity Catholic Church
1292 W. Santa Cruz, San Pedro, CA 90702
- Location #2: St. Margaret Mary Parish Catholic School
25511 Eshelman Ave., Lomita, CA 90717 (In front of the church--Eshelman and 225th St)
- Location #3: St. Lawrence Martyr Parish Catholic School
1900 Prospect Avenue, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 (In front of the church--Prospect and Avenue G)
- Location #4: Manhattan Village
3200 Sepulveda Ave., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 *meet at Olive Garden restaurant (Sepulveda and Marine Ave)
- Location #5: Aviation/W. 117th St. (Near LAX Green Line Station): 11536 Aviation Blvd., Los Angeles CA
- Route Scheduling: Due to the inconsistency of traffic, the route times are approximate. Please be patient, especially during the first few weeks of school, as route schedules are established.
- Pick-Up/Departure: Students should be ready to board at the specified “pick-up” time. The latest time that the driver will wait is indicated on the schedule as “departure time.” No additional stops are permitted once the bus leaves the specified location. The bus will not stop along the route to accept tardy students or to make any other stops. Students will only be allowed to board at the designated pick-up locations. Students that miss the bus may be dropped off at the next pick-up location.
- Arrival at St. John Bosco: Scheduled arrival at school is 7:30 a.m. (or 30 minutes prior to school start time). Students will be dropped off at the main entrance near the chapel. If for some reason the bus is running late, the driver will notify the main office by phone and students will receive excused admit slips.
- Departure from St. John Bosco: Students should report to the bus no later than 25 minutes after final bell. Please note that the bus departs no later than five (5) minutes after the reporting time. The bus will leave 30 minutes after the school day ends. Typical departure is 3:00 pm (2:30 dismissal). This departure time will change on special/early dismissal days.
- Late Departure from St. John Bosco: The late bus will leave 3 hours and 30 minutes after the school day ends. The late bus typically departs at 6:00 p.m. (2:30 dismissal). This departure time will change on special/early dismissal days. Thursday exception: School typically ends at 1:30 p.m. Late bus will still depart at 6 p.m.
- Parents and guardians should be prepared to claim students at the appropriate time and location. Please understand that the driver cannot wait after the specified time.
- Periodic Schedule Changes: The afternoon schedule will change on a few occasions during the school year including the 9th Grade first day of school, PLAN/PSAT testing, Parent-Teacher Conference Day, and Semester Final Exam days.