Discover St. John Bosco High School's flexible & affordable online learning options!
SJB Global is St. John Bosco High School’s innovative online learning option. SJB Global provides a flexible and affordable path for students to take college preparatory classes and earn their high school diploma, whether they’re on campus or across the globe.
We are an on-ground and online high school serving diploma-seeking and single-course students. Our core classes are UC System and NCAA Approved. St. John Bosco High School students complete a rigorous college preparatory curriculum designed to exceed the entrance requirements set by the University of California and California State University.
Bosco graduates enter and excel at colleges across the nation. 94% of our seniors are accepted into institutions of higher learning, including admission to the U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 National Universities. Bosco alumni were recently accepted to or are currently studying at Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, MIT, Northwestern, Princeton, USC, Stanford and many more top schools, as well as all UC and CSU universities and the US Army, Air Force and Naval Academies.
Our educational approach is grounded in Christ's example and the innovative teachings of St. John Bosco, a 19th century Italian priest and educator. St. John Bosco believed that reason, religion, and loving kindness are essential to forming the whole person. Each day, whether on campus or online, the faculty, counselors, administration and coaches at St. John Bosco High School embody this philosophy.
Our online classes provide the best online experience from a Catholic school perspective with highly qualified teachers who accompany our students through the online learning environment using loving kindness in the tradition of our 80-year Salesian school history.
We offer options for students who need flexibility in their schedules for a variety of reasons or who are looking for a particular course that may not be offered on campus. Explore some of the different reasons why students have taken online classes with SJB Global below.
- Remediation: We offer courses for remediation year-round.
- Unique Classes: Some specialty classes are offered online only.
- Scheduling Conflicts: Sometimes a student wants a specific class, but it is only offered at the same time as another class they need or want. Taking one of those classes online allows them to take both at the same time.
- Geography: Students who live far away from campus (whether they're in a different city, state or country) can take some or all of their classes online to provide some flexibility with their schedule and still be a part of a traditional high school community.
- Athletics & the Arts: Students who are highly active in sports or the arts, either for school or a club, can take some or all of their classes online to add some flexibility into their busy schedules. Teachers can provide extensions and work around hectic and demanding travel, competition or performance schedules.
- Medical Concerns: Students who have temporary or long-term medical conditions or concerns can still be a part of a high school community and work toward earning their diploma while receiving treatment or working from home.
- Early Graduation: Students can take compressed online classes as part of or all of their course load which would allow them to graduate early in either 3 or 3.5 years.
- Travel: Families who travel or have been transferred somewhere else for work can remain a part of the Bosco community by moving to full-time online until they return to the area or all the way through graduation if needed.
Whether you're online full-time, on campus full-time or somewhere in between, there is a path for everyone at St. John Bosco.
Our online courses are asynchronous. The student and teacher can work at any time of the day that works best for them; assignments are due by midnight in the student's own time zone.
Students should plan to spend 1-2 hours per lesson. There are 40 lessons per semester. In remediation classes, there are 32 lessons per semester. Students can take a class in an 8-week or 16-week format, completing 5 lessons a week for 8 weeks or completing a lesson every other day for 16 weeks. Remediation courses are in an 8-week format.
Most online classes consist of lectures, assignments, assessments, discussion forums and semester projects, and this caries depending on the subject matter.
Students are supports by their online teacher who is available during an office hour on each lesson day. Teachers will answer questions by email or phone, supply personalized and individualized feedback on assignments in a timely manner, and send home a weekly snapshot of each student's overall performance with tips and suggestions. Students also have an Academic Advisor who checks their grades weekly and reaches out to students who need some extra support. They provide accountability, learning strategies and time management skills to help students succeed.
We are always looking for kind, faith-filled, passionate, highly-qualified teachers who are interested in teaching online as a part-time job. If you believe you are qualified and interested in teaching with SJB Global, then please email us and include a resume to email@example.com. We typically have at least 2 hiring cycles a year. We train teachers and offer support through an internship period with a mentor teacher. This is a part-time, remote opportunity.
Subjects: English, Math, Science, Social Science, World Language (Spanish, French, Chinese, ASL), Theology, Computer Science, Art and Music
"What a blessing it's been for us to experience SJB Global. They truly mean it when they say 'anything is possible' at St. John Bosco."
Parent of SJB Global Student Carter Daley '23