The Learning Commons is a place for students to work together and collaborate on group projects, read, relax and meet up with friends.
The inspiration for the Learning Commons was “where tradition meets innovation.” This modern space features:
- A gallery wall with the words “Carpe Diem” greet students as they enter the Learning Commons. The wall showcases historic photos from the past highlighting young men who have called St. John Bosco High School home.
- Polished concrete floors, exposed ceilings, contemporary furniture and advanced technology for students to utilize.
- This space, located on the first floor of the 300 (science) building, has more than 4,500 square feet of modern space, four group collaboration rooms, a robotics lab, individual work stations, counter top charging stations and breakout spaces. Students also have access to check out electronic devices and choose from more than one million digital titles from a global library.
- Inspirational quotes line the windows from which to glean inspiration in times of need.
- The Learning Commons is open before and after school, as well as during break and lunch. Hours are .,
- Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on regular school days
- Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
A special thank you to the generous support of the Ahmanson Foundation, the Ralph M. Parsons Foundation, Carrie Estelle Doheny Foundation, the Riordan Foundation, Martin & Cynthia Howard and others who wish to remain anonymous for making state-of-the-art learning facility possible.